Thursday 3 January 2013

3BT 3/1/13 Humpty Dumpty, Perfect fit and Check.

•Today we got a kohlrabi in our veggie box, I thought it looked like a chubby little alien, with long wispy hair. While I was looking up what to do with it I found a quote from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall saying it was "like Humpty Dumpty hiding in a hedge" I can sort of see what he means.
•We did another training walk for our trekking holiday, and I got to try out my new rucksack properly. It is perfect, It barely felt like it had anything in it.
•I finally thought I'd got the hang of chess, I was getting check after check after check... then I lost spectacularly.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I like the sound of the humpty dumpty vegetable! What did it taste like?

laurathompsonart said...

Well, raw it was sort if crunchy like a radish, but just tasted sort if faintly vegetabley, cooked it was a by like broccoli stalk. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but it was quite interesting looking!